Saturday, May 14, 2011

If I Die Young

April 14th, 2011 @ 1:00am
It was on this night that I realized I am studying abroad with some amazing guys. After attending a BBQ with a ton of other Erasmus students, we went back to the boys' flat to check out their newly discovered rooftop view. For about two hours, myself and six guys (James, Farbod, Charlie, Sam, Philipp, and Julian) sat on the roof and had the most profound conversation I have had since moving to Lisbon.

The topics ranged across a multitude of subjects: chocolate beer, snipers, roof jumping, John Mayer, life, death, mistakes, regrets, missed loved ones, lives cut too short... It really got me thinking about the time we have here on Earth and what we intend to do with it. And when that time is gone, it's not us who will suffer - our families and friends are the ones who will have to live with the pain of our memory for the rest of their lives. So I am choosing today to take every opportunity granted to me and to live my life to the fullest in the hopes that when I'm being remembered, no one will cry over my missed opportunities and lack of life lived. I hope there will be rejoicing for the lives I've touched and the people I've inspired.

I can't thank those guys enough for sharing what we talked about and opening up the way they did (James and Philipp, here's looking at you kids). I feel that we all grew that much closer on that rooftop and it only enhanced the relationships we've formed. I am truly blessed to be sharing this experience with such terrific human beings and I will cherish this forever. So thank you, boys. Thank you so much :)

"There's a boy here in town, says he'll love me forever.
Who would have thought forever could be severed by
The sharp knife of a short life?
Well I've had just enough time." -The Band Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what'd ya think??